The 2017-18 State Executive Council is excited for the 2018 State Leadership Conference. In addition to competing, meeting new friends and enhancing your leadership skills this year’s conference promises to be unforgettable! Our keynote speaker, Kyle Scheele will teach us how “It Only Takes One” person to make a difference during his keynote. This year also includes several great workshops from our National President, current members, former state officers and partners during the College and Career Readiness Fair. We look forward to seeing you in Billings March 18-20 as you arrive at Destination Inspiration!
Registration (packet available in January)
- The non-refundable registration fee is $60 per attendee (additional event fees apply)
- Registration closes February 7! Event and conference registration is conducted simultaneously.
- Chapters may make changes to their registration (add or cancel attendees, modify events, etc) at any time during the open registration process. After February 7, all registrations are final.
- All students attending SLC must be a paid member before they are eligible to register.
- Review the registration packet closely for important policies regarding chaperones, code of conduct, payment, etc.
There are a variety of ways members can choose to particpate in State Leadership Conference. Options include STAR or Skill Demonstration Competitive Events, Leadership Seminar (conducted by keynote speaker, Kyle Scheele), Current or Incoming State Officer, Capture Crew, STAR Event Room Timer or Skill Demonstration Event Evaluator.
Change Your Community: Change Your World! Leadership Seminar will be conducted by keynote speaker, Kyle Scheele.
- The Holiday Inn Grand Montana 406.238.8969 and the Red Lion 406.248.7151 are the official conference hotels. Chapters must stay at the properties both nights or will pay a $50 per registrant non-hotel fee. The $103+tax room rate includes a hot breakfast.
- Room block ends March 2.
Agenda at a Glance
- All conference attendees must follow the dress code.
Due February 15.
- Scholarships – Montana FCCLA Leader Scholarship, Say Yes to FCS Scholarship and Montana State Moebus Funds Scholarship
- Member Awards – Montana FCCLA Ultimate Leader
- Adviser Awards – New Adviser of the Year and Adviser of the Year
- Chapter Award – STAR Chapter Award
Due March 1.
- Vision Zero – Award program application.
- A College and Career Readiness Exhibitor Fair and workshops on Sunday afternoon. Students who actively visit the exhibit booths and attend workshops will be eligible to win great prizes.
Competitive Event Evaluators
- Over 100 evaluators are needed. Click here to learn more.
- There are numerous opportunities for organizations to participate in the 2018 State Leadership Conference including exhibiting at the College and Career Readiness Fair, sponsoring a STAR Event or being a conference sponsor. Learn more