The Montana FCCLA STAR Chapter Award is to recognize chapters that develop and implement well-rounded programs of work.
- Chapter activities and operations
- Community service
- State and national activities
- Leadership development
- Promotion/public relations
Annually, chapters may apply to be recognized at the gold, silver and bronze levels. The level of recognition is determined by the number of activities and type of activities completed by the chapter.
- Gold – 50 or more points
- Silver – 40-49 points
- Bronze – 30-39 points
- Honorable Mention – 30 points or below
Chapters who earn a gold, silver or bronze award will receive:
- Plaque to hang in your school
- Recognition at the State Leadership Conference
- Press release distributed to your local newspaper
- Letter sent to school administrator and school board members
Applying is easy! Chapter advisers and officers should work together to complete the following:
- Complete and upload the Chapter Activities Form (STAR Chapter Document).
- Place check marks for each activity your chapter completed (note that some categories are check all and other categories are select one if applicable).
- Total your points at the end.
- Write a 150 word summary of your Year in Review (to be used in the State Leadership Conference program)
- Write a one to two page “A Year in Review” report. Report should describe specific examples of how points were earned for each of the six
- Submit three pictures of our chapter in action with brief descriptions (to be used at State Leadership Conference)
All materials must be submitted online by March 4 the Montana FCCLA website www.mtfccla.orgSubmit Application Online