Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences education in public and private school through grade 12.
Building Skills for Life
Montana Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a dynamic and effective student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life – planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication – necessary in the home and workplace.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through:
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation
- Is the only in-school student organization with family as its central focus
- Is a Career and Technical Student Organization that functions as an integral part of the family and consumer sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system
- Provides opportunities for student participation at the local, state and national levels
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope. For we have the clear consciousness of seeking old and precious values. For we are the builders of homes, Homes for America’s future, Homes where living will be the expression of everything that is good and fair, Homes where truth and love and security and faith will be realities, not dreams. We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope.
FCCLA is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus. FCCLA is a career and technical student organization that functions as an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system, and it provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state, and national levels.
Montana FCCLA has approximately 70 chapters throughout Montana with over 1,150 members. Click here for a list of current chapters. National FCCLA ha approximately 200,000 members in 6,500 local chapters. There are 50 state associations including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Since its founding in 1945, FCCLA has involved more than ten million youth.