The 2019-20 State Executive Council is excited for the 2020 State Leadership Conference. In addition to competing, meeting new friends and enhancing your leadership skills this year’s conference promises to be unforgettable! We look forward to seeing our Heroes in Red in Bozeman, March 19-20!
Information PacketRegister Online
- The non-refundable registration fee is $70 per attendee + event fees when applicable. Registration includes a shirt, Thursday dinner, Friday lunch, Friday dinner and event materials. Please read all policies, here.
- Update: Registration closes February 13, 2020! Event and conference registration is conducted simultaneously.
- Chapters may make changes to their registration (add or cancel attendees, modify events, etc) at any time during the open registration process. After February 13, all registrations are final.
- All students attending SLC must be a paid member before they are eligible to register.
- Advisers must have a code of conduct form for each student attendee.
Career Connection Workshops
- When: Thursday, March 19 on the MSU Campus
- Why: An opportunity for youth leaders learn more about themselves, the workplace and careers. This is conducted after Opening Session and before the Attendee Dinner at Rendezvous Dining Hall.
- Who: All students should register to attend one session. Limit 2 per chapter per workshop. Space is limited.
- Fee: Free of charge!
- How: Students must pre-register in the SLC event registration system.
Ways to Participate
A variety of attendance options are available. Attendees must be registered fro at least one of the following activities: STAR or Skill Demonstration Competitive Events, Leadership Seminar, What is FCCLA workshop, Current or Incoming State Officer, Capture Crew, STAR Event Room Timer or Skill Demonstration Event Evaluator, Event Assistant or Resilient Leader Workshop Presenter.
The Leadership Seminar will be conducted by keynote speaker, David Edward Garcia
If an attendee is interested in signing up to be a Resilient Leader Workshop presenter, please fill out the participation form.
As you know, SLC would not be possible without the active participation of every adviser.
Please complete the quick survey linked below to indicate how you prefer to participate and what events you are the most interested in leading. While not guaranteed, every attempt will be made to assign duties based on top preferences.Adviser Role Survey
- Reserve your room within a Montana FCCLA room block.
- Please see hotel details here for various room block end dates.
- Breakfast is provided at each hotel.
- There are no additional fees for chapters who do not need lodging or choose to stay only one night.
Special Event: FCCLA Kickback
- Montana FCCLA will be hosting a special event for chapters staying on Friday night. Enjoy a variety of fun activities with other members from across the State!
- Cost of event is included in registration. Preregistration is not required.
- We know things change! If any students will no longer be attending SLC, please complete this form as early as possible. Knowing actual attendance has a huge impact on events running smoothly, our overall food counts (budget) and more.
SLC Deadlines At-A-Glance
- A quick list of important dates and deadlines.
Campus Map and Parking
- Campus parking is included within the registration fee.
- A small map is provided here. An additional map will be available after March 1 to guide busses and ensure traffic flows as smoothly as possible.
- All conference attendees must follow the dress code.
2020 Competitive Event Procedures
- A quick-guide of competitive event items to complete before State Leadership Conference in addition to on-site event storage can be found here.
- Skill Demonstration Events Offered at SLC
- STAR Events Offered at SLC
Due February 15.
- Scholarships – Montana FCCLA Leadership & Service Scholarship, American Association of FCS: Montana Affiliate Scholarship (New), Say Yes to FCS Scholarship and Montana State Moebus Funds Scholarship
- Member Awards – Montana FCCLA Ultimate Leader
- Adviser Awards – New Adviser of the Year and Adviser of the Year
- Chapter Award – STAR Chapter Award
Due March 1.
- Chapters in Action – Submit up to 3 pictures of your chapter in action.
College and Career Readiness Fair
- A College and Career Readiness Exhibitor Fair on Friday afternoon. Students who actively visit the exhibit booths and attend workshops will be eligible to win great prizes.
Competitive Event Evaluators
- Over 150 evaluators are needed. Click here to learn more.
- There are numerous opportunities for organizations to participate in the 2020 State Leadership Conference including exhibiting at the College and Career Readiness Fair, sponsoring a STAR Event or being a conference sponsor. Learn more
Future State Leadership Conference Dates
- 2021: March 18-19, Bozeman
- 2022: March 17-18, Bozeman