The 2018-19 State Executive Council is excited for the 2019 State Leadership Conference. In addition to competing, meeting new friends and enhancing your leadership skills this year’s conference promises to be unforgettable! Our keynote speaker, Jessie Funk will teach us how to “Lead Out Loud.” We look forward to seeing you in Bozeman, March 21-22 as you Rock the Red!
Information PacketRegister Online
- The non-refundable registration fee is $70 per attendee + event fees when applicable. Registration includes a shirt, Thursday dinner, Friday lunch, Friday dinner and event materials.
- Registration has been extended and closes February 13! Event and conference registration is conducted simultaneously.
- Chapters may make changes to their registration (add or cancel attendees, modify events, etc) at any time during the open registration process. After February 13, all registrations are final.
- All students attending SLC must be a paid member before they are eligible to register.
- Advisers must have a code of conduct form for each student attendee.
Career Connection Workshops
- When: Friday, March 22 – 3:0-4:45pm on the MSU Campus
- Why: An opportunity for youth leaders learn more about themselves, the workplace and careers. This is conducted after competitive events and before the closing dinner banquet (when students have down time).
- Who: All students should register to attend one session. Limit 2 per chapter per workshop. Space is limited.
- Fee: Free of charge!
- How: Students must pre-register by February 13 in the SLC event registration system.
A variety of attendance options are available. Attendees must be registered fro at least one of the following activities: STAR or Skill Demonstration Competitive Events, Leadership Seminar, What is FCCLA workshop, Current or Incoming State Officer, Capture Crew, STAR Event Room Timer or Skill Demonstration Event Evaluator, Event Assistant or Maximize Your Leadership Workshop Presenter.
Leadership Seminar: Who Are Your People! Leadership Seminar will be conducted by keynote speaker, Jessie FunkAdviser Role Survey
- Cut off date: February 19
- Reserve your room within a Montana FCCLA room block.
- Breakfast (or a breakfast coupon) is provided at each hotel.
- There are no additional fees for chapters who do not need lodging or choose to stay only one night.
- Review closely as the schedule is different with the two-day format.
- Tips are provided to help advisers prepare their students.
- Competitive event building assignment will be available after March 1.
- New this year, Montana FCCLA will be hosting a Dance for chapters staying on Friday night.
- Registration fee: $15 (includes snacks & drinks)
- We know things change! If any students will no longer be attending SLC, please complete this form as early as possible. Knowing actual attendance has a huge impact on events running smoothly, our overall food counts (budget) and more.
- A quick list of important dates and deadlines.
- Campus parking is included within the registration fee.
- An additional map will be available after March 1 to guide busses and ensure traffic flows as smoothly as possible.
- All conference attendees must follow the dress code.
- A quick-guide of competitive event items to complete before State Leadership Conference in addition to on-site event storage.
- Skill Demonstration Events Offered at SLC
- STAR Events Offered at SLC
Due February 15.
- Scholarships – Montana FCCLA Leadership & Service Scholarship, American Association of FCS: Montana Affiliate Scholarship (New), Say Yes to FCS Scholarship and Montana State Moebus Funds Scholarship
- Member Awards – Montana FCCLA Ultimate Leader
- Adviser Awards – New Adviser of the Year and Adviser of the Year
- Chapter Award – STAR Chapter Award
Due March 1.
- Vision Zero – Award program application.
- Chapters in Action – Submit up to 3 pictures of your chapter in action.
- A College and Career Readiness Exhibitor Fair and workshops on Thursday afternoon. Students who actively visit the exhibit booths and attend workshops will be eligible to win great prizes.
Competitive Event Evaluators
- Over 150 evaluators are needed. Click here to learn more.
- There are numerous opportunities for organizations to participate in the 2019 State Leadership Conference including exhibiting at the College and Career Readiness Fair, sponsoring a STAR Event or being a conference sponsor. Learn more
Future State Leadership Conference Dates
- 2020: March 19-20, Bozeman
- 2021: March 18-19, Bozeman
- 2022: March 17-18, Bozeman