Family and Consumer Sciences Knowledge Bowl
Description: A three-level, national team competition that challenges students’ knowledge of all aspects of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Level one: Ranking and qualifying test at National Cluster Meeting
- Level two: National Cluster Meeting Competition Rounds
- Level three: National Leadership Conference
Montana Knowledge Quest
Description: Montana’s Knowledge Quest (KQ) was established to encourage members to learn more about the FCCLA organization and reinforce knowledge learned in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) courses.
- District Meetings: Up to four members from a chapter may compete. The top two chapter teams advance to compete at the State Leadership Conference.
- State Leadership Conference: At state, the qualifying teams compete as a head-to-head competition to determine the winning state chapter.
- The test is ½ FCCLA questions and ½ FCS facts. FCCLA questions are in the FCCLA Study Guide. There is no study guide for FCS questions. Test is written by State Executive Council (SEC) in collaboration with their advisers.
- KQ team members are asked to also participate in a Career Track, Leadership Seminar, Skill Demonstration or STAR Event during State Leadership Conference. This activity culminates at the State Leadership Conference.