Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) has more than 1,100 resources – its members! Family and Consumer Sciences education prepares youth with employability skills and rich experiences critical for success. As the only Career and Technical Student Organization with family as the central focus, FCCLA develops skills that last a lifetime from creative and critical thinking to practical knowledge and career preparation.
A variety of opportunities are available to suit every organization’s goals.
State Leadership Conference, March 17-18, 2022
College and Career Readiness Fair
- The College and Career Readiness Expo provides organizations with the opportunity to showcase their products, services and job opportunities to attendees from throughout Montana in a meaningful manner. This year, the College and Career Readiness Fair will be held in the SUB Ballrooms at MSU at no cost. Tables will be arranged in a way that will not require them to be staffed; partners are welcome to set up materials to be viewed by all attendees of the conference.
- Exhibitors have the opportunity to maximize their impact by conducting attendee workshops! See more information below.
Conduct a Workshop
Workshops designed enhance leadership abilities of youth. Students opt into these workshops throughout the conference when they are not competing. Workshops are offered both Thursday and Friday of the conference and typically have 15-50 attendees. (Exact times of workshops can be found on the registration form, linked below.) Examples of workshop topics include:
- Hands-on sessions allowing students to explore the offerings of organizations, degree programs, and/or careers;
- Interactive sessions which help students learn more about themselves and build their employability skills;
- Engaging sessions which guide students navigating higher education for personal college and career success and well-being.
Competitive Event Evaluator
To make the competitive events a success, over 150 volunteer evaluators are needed! Would you be willing to contribute as an event evaluator? This is an opportunity for you to influence our future leaders by helping students recognize their strengths and challenge them to improve their skills. A hospitality room, lunch at the Miller Dining Hall, and free parking will be provided to thank you for your contribution. Sign up here!
State Leadership Conference Sponsorships
- STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) is a program of FCCLA that builds student’s leadership and career-related skills while connecting them to their local communities. Sponsors connect with competitors when supporting one of twenty events directly related to family and consumer sciences career fields.
- In 2022, Montana FCCLA is excited about the opportunity to bring together Family and Consumer Sciences teachers, members and volunteers to participate in competitive events, receive leadership training and network in-person for the first time in three years! Gold, silver, or bronze level sponsorships provide a valuable opportunity to maximize your exposure and make a positive impact on hundreds at the State Leadership Conference.
Become a Partner Today!
- Choose the opportunity that best meets the needs of your organization
- Complete the online registration for the College and Career Fair before February 25.
- If interested in conducting a workshop, complete the workshop registration form.
- Looking to evaluate a competitive event? Sign up here!
- Invest in Montana FCCLA. Online credit card payment can be accepted in the registration or check made payable to Montana FCCLA and mailed to Michele Munson, Bookkeeper, Box 20996, Billings, MT 59104.
Register to be a State Leadership Conference partner by February 25 to maximize benefits.
Contact Whitney Craven, State Director, at [email protected]