2019 National Leadership Conference
June 30 – July 4NLC: Schedule at a Glance
During NLC, the state officers will host two state meetings. Meetings are quick (30-45 minutes), interactive and a great way for Montana delegates to meet one another. In addition, important updates are shared with advisers and chaperones. Please include the meeting time in your schedule when planning activities.
- Sunday, June 30 from 9:45-10:45 pm – Hilton – El Capitan (4th floor)
- Tuesday, July 2 from 4:00-4:45 pm – Hilton – San Simeon (4th floor)
STAR Event Registration:
- Due May 3, 2019. Cost will be $45.00 per student.
- STAR Event registrations will be handled by each chapter adviser and NOT the Montana FCCLA State Office.
- Go here for specific STAR events information at NLC.
- You are responsible for submitting and paying for your own NLC Registration; you are responsible for picking up your chapter’s registration packet at NLC.
- To take advantage of EARLY Registration rates, your registration must be completed by to May 3, 2019. Register online here.
Evaluators & Room Consultants:
- Montana FCCLA must supply 1 volunteer per 3 students competing. Students, advisers and other adults can volunteer for evaluator or room consultant positions. Students competing in an event are allowed to volunteer on a different day of competition.
- Volunteer positions are entered by the chapter adviser in online registration.
Spotlight on Projects:
- Chapters are invited to share their National Program Award projects during this event. Space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and the link to sign up is in the National Leadership Conference Guide.
Travel and Airport Transportation:
- The suggested travel dates for NLC are June 29 – July 5.
- Discounted airline rates are available from Delta and United Airlines. See the National FCCLA Hotel and Travel guide for details.
- Montana FCCLA has been assigned to Anaheim Marriott. Room rates for are $189.00+tax per night. Lodging reservations with deposit must be made by May 16, 2019.
- Chapters will make their own lodging arrangements and pay the hotel directly.
- If a room has multiple chapters staying in it; advisers must work together to determine who will make the reservation and provide payment.
- ONLY registered attendees may stay in at a conference hotel with the NLC room rate. The reservation link will not be released by National FCCLA until after a chapter is registered online to attend NLC. It will be included in your conference registration confirmation.
- Final payment may be due before arrival; read the 2019 NLC Guide for payment details.
Tours & Special Events:
- Organized and handled directly by National FCCLA. All tours must be registered for online during registration.
Montana FCCLA trading pins will be available for sale at state meetings; $1 for 3; $5 for 15 or $10 for 30.
The National FCCLA Dress Code must be followed. During registration, advisers will be required to submit the Mandatory Dress Code form confirming that their chapter will follow the dress code at all times. Red blazers are required for all student attendees.
Delegate Information Form:
Submit to Montana FCCLA: The 2019 NLC Delegate Information is due by May 10, 2019 to Melanie Young, Montana FCCLA, PO Box 11409, Bozeman, MT 59719 for each attendee (both students and adults). Or email a scanned copy to [email protected].
The Montana Code of Conduct and National Code of Conduct must be completed for each student and on file with the chapter adviser. They will not be collected by the state office.
Submit to National FCCLA during Registration: Permission to Attend Mandatory Dress Code Form.
Must be Signed by Parents, Student and Adviser and With You at National FCCLA: (but you don’t submit):
- NLC Code of Conduct Form
- NLC Permission Form
- Mandatory Dress Code Form