On behalf of my colleague and conference co-planner, Nicole Wanago, and I, it is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 2015 Montana Family & Consumer Sciences Summer Conference “A Community of Practice” being held at Montana State University in Bozeman July 27—31. This conference is made possible by continued partnerships between Montana State University—Department of Health & Human Development, the Montana Office of Public Instruction—Division of Career & Technical Education, and Montana Family, Career & Community Leaders of America.
This year’s conference is a venue to help enhance current FCS curriculum for our student’s future needs by addressing well-being, sustainability, foundational STEM literacy, 21st century employability skill development, academic integration and college and career readiness. We are confident you will walk away refreshed, excited and full of new ideas to implement into your classroom. Whether you come for one day or stay for all five, this conference is designed so you can attend the days that work for your schedule. We look forward to seeing you in Bozeman later this summer!
View the registration packet for a detailed description of each day.
College credit & Renewal Units
Continuing Education Credit: FCS 588—A Community of Practice
Number of Credits: 1 credit (attend 3 days + homework) or 2 credits (attend 5 days + homework)
Instructor: Nicole Wanago [email protected]
Syllabus: Email Nicole
Register Online Between June 1 and July 15: http://eu.montana.edu/ContinuingEd/
Up to 7 Renewal Units will be offered daily. Paperwork is available onsite for those interested.
Bozeman C’Mon Inn ($125+ tax nightly; includes hot breakfast)
MSU Residence Housing ($28 per night single; $23 per night shared room; Breakfast available for $6.75 daily)
See the registration packet for details.
Promote FCS with this indispensable layering piece! This extra soft grey smoke cardigan has a shallow scoop neck and drapes nicely. The Montana Family and Consumer Sciences logo will be embroidered on front. Sizes XS-3X available.
$30 if ordered during conference registration (to be distributed at conference registration)
$36 if ordered on-site (to be mailed after conference
Attend any combination of days that fits with your schedule and needs: one, two, three, four or five days.
- Event fee: Must be paid once by each attendee whether attending one day or multiple days: $20
- Monday, July 27 – Well-Being in FCS – $50
- Tuesday, July 28 – Literacy in CTE – $50
- Wednesday, July 29 – Financial Well-Being – $60
- Thursday, July 30 – STEM in FCS – $55
- Friday, July 31 – Careers in FCS – $50
- All five days – Discounted rate – $230
- MSU student or individual entering first year of teaching – Discounted rate – $75
- Not attending, but would like to receive the handouts – $50
Registration package includes:
- Daily FCS resource packet with ready-to-teach lesson plans and instructional tools
- FCS promotional tools
- Morning break, lunch & afternoon break
- Campus parking pass
Deadline (or until capacity is reached): July 1
Payment (due on or before July 27):
- Montana FCCLA, Box 20996, Billings, MT 59104
- Invoices available upon request
Cancellation: Refunds not available after July 1Register online here
Megan A. Vincent
Family & Consumer Sciences Education Specialist
Montana Office of Public Instruction
PO Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620
Phone: (406) 444-3599
Cell: (406) 461-2331
Email: [email protected]