In Montana, and nation-wide, there is an established and growing shortage of Family and Consumer Sciences teachers. This is too often resulting in FCS program closures, thus closing FCCLA chapters as well. The Say Yes to FCS Education Scholarship is a partnership between Montana FCCLA and Montana State University to recruit and retain family and consumer sciences education students.
- Current FCCLA member who is a graduating high school senior
- Will be attending Montana State University
- Major or minor in family and consumer sciences education
- $500 renewable scholarship (annually, students who maintain a high GPA and demonstrates an ongoing commitment to the FCS Education program are eligible to apply to renew the Say Yes to FCS Education scholarship (scholarship amount may increase each year).
Annually, the Department of Health and Human Development awards current students over $70,000 in scholarships.
By February 15, applicants must upload the following:
- Application form & response to two essay prompts (download the document)
- Current high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation: one from your FCCLA Adviser and one from a School Administrator or Community Leader
- Current picture (preferably a head shot)